Stadiums with picturesque backgrounds

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
22tone
Bronze

Post by 22tone »

millwall fc is stunning.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

22tone wrote:millwall fc is stunning.
For a railway enthusiast, South Bermondsey would be a top place for a ground.

Reg
Bronze

Post by Reg »

No one has mentioned the Lawson Tama Stadium in Honiara, Solomon Islands yet. Quite a unique international football venue graced by our very own once in '04 and '05:

the guy
Silver

Post by the guy »

No one has mentioned the Lawson Tama Stadium in Honiara, Solomon Islands yet. Quite a unique international football venue graced by our very own once in '04 and '05:
Yes, nothing like the snapping sounds of distant rifle fire to create an atmosphere :lol:

Reg
Bronze

Post by Reg »

Yes, nothing like the snapping sounds of distant rifle fire to create an atmosphere
The same could be said about that ground in Croatia...or Millwall :wink: .

mattyj46
Bronze

Post by mattyj46 »

Like Jeffles Queenstown has to be one of the great scenic venue. I went to the NZ VS SRL game and it had never looked so better. With the International Airport right next door it makes for great viewing.

Dr H
Bronze

Post by Dr H »

This was posted on a football forum and is very nice but unfortunately no one knows where it is,anyone know?

MO
Bronze

Post by MO »

Dr H wrote:Image

This was posted on a football forum and is very nice but unfortunately no one knows where it is,anyone know?
I think the name of the stadium is "Kantrida" and seats 10.300. It is the homeground of HNK Rijeka (Croatia).

You can find more pics on the german www.stadionwelt.de site.
This will link you directly to the pics. Just click "Zu den Stadionfotos" to see the different categories.

MO

HoldenV8
Silver

Post by HoldenV8 »

Stadium High School in Tacoma, Washington (USA). This was the school used in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" staring Heath Ledger.

Not bad for a high school. Wouldn't have minded if my old school had a field like that, minus that damn Astro Turf though.

Dr H
Bronze

Post by Dr H »

Thanks MO :D

That Tacoma stadium is very nice but why is the track that shape? Unless it used to be for baseball but it doesn't look big enough

the guy
Silver

Post by the guy »

Great for a High school stadium, all my school had was a pissy hill.
That Tacoma stadium is very nice but why is the track that shape? Unless it used to be for baseball but it doesn't look big enough
Yeah wierd. Maybe because the concrete stands are set in the hill, that was the natural shape of the landscape and they couldn't afford to do it differently.