Favourite gone but not forgotten stadiums/stands

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

I only remember It's A Knockout repeats on Channel Ten in the early 1990s. There was a debating show on beforehand that I used to tune into as well. Press Your Luck repeats with Ian Turpie would play during thew week at 5:30am.

I preferred Jeux Sans Frontieres the European version of the game. Got hooked on it when I went to Portugal in 1991 - before I ever saw an episode of the Aussie version. It also helped that Portugal were good at it (they suck at most other competitive pursuits).

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Tigers077 wrote:How about the old "ITS A KNOCKOUT" Stadium. I think it was over Dural way. Nows its houses. Would ahve loved to see pics of that one.
As requested and featured in this post:

viewtopic.php?t=993&start=0&sid=c8cb2db ... 16aba308d0

Englefield Stadium, Dural (well the site of it anyway)
Former home of Western Suburbs NSL

There used to be a website that was all about It's a Knockout which featured TV still shots of Englefield where the chopper in the intro of the show flies over the packed bleacher style stands. However it appears to have been taken down. :(

That show was class. From Ricky May and Mark Warren to the big breasted female judges blasting their hooters in their skin-tight black Asics Tiger trackies which were unzipped right down the front . :D

Getting a picture of Seagulls Stadium is the ultimate Challenge of this site.