Dasher's World Stadium Photos

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Dasher39
Silver

Dasher's World Stadium Photos

Post by Dasher39 »

Well, I recently returned from an overseas journey that saw me visit some of the great stadiums from around the world!

A quick 3 week trip taking in London, Paris, NYC and LA. Given more time and better weather I would have liked to get to a few more stadiums, annoyed that I didnt get to visit Yankee Stadium, however when NYC is flooding and you are soaking wet, a trip to the Bronx doesnt seem that appealing!

Anyway, hope you enjoy these photos! *WARNING* This will be long!

Lords Cricket Ground

Lords is such an amazing place! It is unlike every cricket ground in Australia in terms of the exterior, the only stadium that I can think of that is similar would be the Adelaide Oval. They dont allow you to take any photos whilst in The Long Room or when up close to the Members Pavillion. It is such a beautiful ground and would love to see an Ashes Test there one day!

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

Highbury/Arsenal Stadium

This was a dream come true for me, to visit the almighty Highbury. Being a big Arsenal fan, it was surreal actually being there! I did the tour of Highbury with the great Charlie George, who was a great host, and got taken into all areas of Highbury. From down on pitch side where Wenger site, walking out the players tunnel, going into the change room and also the media room! The day I was there they were using their new hydroponic lighting they are trialing for when they move to Emriates Stadium next year. The surface at Highbury is immaculate. I have heard people mention how good it is, but seeing it in person, it is dead set like carpet.

Charlie George in the media room discussing big signings. Said the greatest player Arsenal has signed was one Dennis Bergkamp!
Inside the Arsenal change room!

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

Highbury cont....

Loftus Road Stadium

Went out to Loftus Road to check out Queens Park Rangers vs Crystal Palace. A very entertaining game, but a fairly ordinary stadium! It was old, with minimal leg room but the part that annoyed me most was that you were allowed to smoke inside the ground. I hated having smoke blown in my face for 90mins!

Emirates Stadium

Went to check out Arsenal's new stadium, which is literally a short 5min walk from Highbury. It looks like an awesome venue and I cant wait to return to England to watch a game there.

Madison Square Garden

Only a short visit to MSG to have a look. From the short time I had a look, it is absolutely massive. Couldnt get anywhere near inside the place as big burly Security Guards quickly stop you from venturing too far in! Could only get exterior shots!

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

Giants Stadium

Took a trip out to the Meadowlands for the New Jersey Nets vs Indiana Pacers NBA Pre-Season Game, which was a disappointment actually, and also to check out Giants Stadium! Was hoping there may be some kind of Jets shop out there, but no luck!

Continental Airlines Arena

Also at the Meadowlands, the home to the New Jersey Nets.

And so it comes to an end!

In an ideal world I would have liked to get to: -

- Wimbledon
- Stamford Bridge
- Yankee Stadium
- Shea Stadium
- Arthur Ashe Stadium (Flushing Meadows)
- Rolland Garros

However only had the one day in Paris so couldnt get near any stadiums. I actually drove past the Stade de France in the taxi, but didnt realise it was the Stade til I saw a brochure on it at the hotel. Couldnt get the camera out in time to take any photos.

Time prevented me from getting to Wimbledon, while it was the NYC weather that stopped me getting to Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium and Flushing Meadow, all planned to visit on the last day until a torrential downpour decided to come in on NYC making it impossible to do anything!

Hope you enjoy, and if you have any questions..please fire away!

Sathc
Bronze

Post by Sathc »

What an awesome trip... Thanks for the photos.

Dr H
Bronze

Post by Dr H »

Nice pictures! :D

It's funny back in the late 80's QPR was one of the most modern grounds around it was the only fully enclosed seats on all sides stadiums.I'm surprised that you can still smoke in the seats I'm sure the signs in St Mary's say that it is illegal apart from in the concourses.