Location is important

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

For me the travelling distance doesnt bother me, 40-60 mins to get to the venues in Perth, it seems to fly by and it doesnt bother me travelling to watch sport. Especially when the Glory are playing.

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

I agree - if you want to go enough and you are a big enough fan, you will go.
I didn't mind travelling for and hour and a half to Geelong to see my team play there (even if we did draw)!
And also -
Think of fans who travel around the country to see their team play. Travelling or money doesnt seem to stop them.
Having said all this, though, it is always nice if there is a stadium that is close, or has a major public transport route.

A while back in this topic i mentioned a stadium in Berlin and supplied a site for it. Very sorry - i put in the wrong address and cannot find the right one. oh well. what can one do...
:lol:

stadiumking
Gold

Post by stadiumking »

Good news for anyone who cares - I found the site that I was looking for. Everyone check this out:
http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_me ... dion.shtml

:lol:

Le Grand Danois
Bronze

Post by Le Grand Danois »

The Muncipal Stadium in Braga has an amazing location.
Estádio Municipal de Braga
With a bit of tiding up, it will a great for Euro2004.

The Portuguese national stadium also has a quite good location.
Estádio Nacional

My hometown stadium sits in the middle of a forrest. It's absolutly beatiful in autum(when it isn't raining)
Århus Stadion
(Note: the picture is from before the stadium was renovated)

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

The Estádio Nacional appears to have no grandstand along one of the sidelines. Surely, that would be a more sought-after vantage point than behind the goal. Why is there no stand? :?

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

As someone who has been to Lisbon I can tell you that the Estadio Nacional is iun a CRAP location. It is an ampitheatre surrounded by bush but that is all.

The open side is a bus terminal. It is embarassing. I don't know why it was never built all the way round. That's a dictatorship for you.

The Estadio Nacional is a product of the fascist dictatorship that ruled Portugal up until 1975. It is an absolute dump and it is quite removed from Central Lisbon, especially compared to Alvelade and Luz. It is so crap the Euro 2004 people didn't bother considering it for the tournament.

Misty Bee
Bronze

Post by Misty Bee »

If you want views and central location, you can't go past our own North Power Stadium, stands on 3 sides, and a nice view of Brisbane Water and the Gosford marinaon the 4th side.

Win Stadium, in the heart of Wollongong, and right on the beach, fulfils these criteria as well. So does Parramatta Stadium.