Arsenal's New Stadium

Chat about stadiums in New Zealand and all around the world!
Scott
Bronze

Arsenal's New Stadium

Post by Scott »

Here is Arsenal's official site for the new stadium......pretty comprehensive

http://www.arsenal.com/thestadium/index ... he+Stadium

Stadium_Seagull
Bronze

Post by Stadium_Seagull »

I wonder if Tottenham feel like co-sharing? lol

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

Arsenal announce deal with Emirates

Arsenal Football Club has today signed the biggest club sponsorship agreement in English football history with Emirates Airline, in an agreement worth £100 million.

The agreement provides the Dubai-based international airline with naming rights to Arsenal's new £357 million stadium. The new 60,000 seat stadium will be known as Emirates Stadium with immediate effect and for the next 15 years.

In addition, Emirates will take over as the Club's title sponsor - including 'Fly Emirates' shirt sponsorship - for eight years, starting from the 2006/07 season, the first playing season in the new Emirates Stadium.

The combined value of both elements of this sponsorship is by far the biggest deal ever undertaken in English football. It will also create a meaningful and long-lasting relationship between Emirates and Arsenal Football Club.

james_
Silver

Post by james_ »

I think I prefered Ashburton Grove, but I guess they've got to pay for it somehow.

Imagine if they'd tried to rename Highbury!

Stadium_Seagull
Bronze

Post by Stadium_Seagull »

Apparently when Liverpool move to their new ground they want to use the name Anfield.