Socceroos

Discuss AFL, Rugby League, Football, Cricket and any other Aussie Sport!
mattwinter
Bronze

Post by mattwinter »

Viduka is "injured", but he'll be playing for Newcastle this weekend... reading between the lines, he is still strongly considering retirement.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

So would you if Arnold was still coach

Still not over the fact we hired a sh*t coach who did nothing in the NSL to be the Socceroos manager...

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

Egan wrote:So would you if Arnold was still coach

Still not over the fact we hired a sh*t coach who did nothing in the NSL to be the Socceroos manager...
But Arnold is not Manager anymore?

Rob Baan will take the reigns for this game and Dick Advocaat will take over after that.

I'll admit that hiring Arnold was a massive mistake though. Why we let Johan Neeskens go is beyond me, a massive mistake from Frank Lowy.

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

Excellent performance last night, they looked like a completely different Socceroos side to the one we have seen recently.

They moved the ball very well along the ground, some great one touch passing and some great performances by some ex-A-League players in Carle and Carney.

Now to find a Coach...

kilonewton
Bronze

Post by kilonewton »

It was the best performance that I've seen in London since the World Cup. Kewell looked a little underdone but that was understandable, McDonald got into good positions and we were a bit more solid at the back than previous matches.
I just hope that the people of Nigeria understood my half time ramblings on radio. This guy wandered up to a group of us, talking into a phone and said that we were live to 30 million Nigerians, before just shoving it under my face.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Dasher39 wrote: But Arnold is not Manager anymore?
Shows how much the East Coast Socceroos hold interest for me now. I didn't even know that story until you mentioned it just then. I was wondering why the FFA was suing Advocaat

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

HAPPY DAYS

Foxtel are showing DPR Korea v Olyroos. I will have just as much interest in the stadium as the game. Unfortunately I have an exam on, but hope to watch a fair bit of the second half.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

Kim Il Sung Stadium 8)

Ricardo
Silver

Post by Ricardo »

Egan wrote:Kim Il Sung Stadium 8)
Rudd Dome has a nice ring to it, or maybe Johnny Howard Park.

Rob
Gold

Post by Rob »

Egan wrote:HAPPY DAYS

Foxtel are showing DPR Korea v Olyroos. I will have just as much interest in the stadium as the game. Unfortunately I have an exam on, but hope to watch a fair bit of the second half.
The stadium will be lucky to remain in tact.

This is a country that built a monster sized flag on the border with South Korea to show their superiority. It was so heavy you needed a hurricane for it to be anything other than limp. :lol:

Dasher39
Silver

Post by Dasher39 »

WE'RE THROUGH!! :D

Great effort by the boys tonight, not a very good performance, but they did what they needed to do and that was get the draw.

Very, very proud of the boys.

Not a lot of people gave them much of a chance of qualifying, then we scraped through to the final stage where we had to face Iraq and North Korea and people thought it would be too tough.

Even though it's an old cliche, an Aussie as it his best with his back to the wall and the Olyroos proved that.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

The Stadium vision was well worth my time. I had to pinch myself that this was a game live from North Korea!!!

Loved the bucket seats with just the bottom. And the entire office area below the stands...that all had windows in them. I can just guess what they are used for :lol:

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

Egan wrote: Loved the bucket seats with just the bottom.
You could have been looking at Eden Park

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

I only caught the last 10 minutes which were as tense as any past sudden death qualifier. Pleased as f**k that the boys got through.

And then I saw the hand of god this morning. Oh dear.

cam
Gold

Post by cam »

Socceroos world cup qualifier at Telstra Dome on Wednesday 6th February. Press conference later on today, more details then.