State of Origin

Discuss anything and everything, right here!
Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Simmo79 wrote:WA, Mandurah no less, slots one home
A competitive lot - they love the smell of victory in WA.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Fucken hell I heard the Buswell story in the car on the way home and thought Origin.

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

I wonder what the chair smelt of?

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

BTW i'm thinking of introducing a champions league style international cup competition to allow Austria to compete. I mean, what the f**k is going on over there.

IanRitchie
Platinum

Post by IanRitchie »

I don't know about letting Austria compete. I mean, who the f**k is going to be able to get close to beating them? They'd be like the Soviet Union in the Olympics years ago.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

IanRitchie wrote:I don't know about letting Austria compete. I mean, who the f**k is going to be able to get close to beating them? They'd be like the Soviet Union in the Olympics years ago.
Yeah except this austrian guy's best work was in the basement and the Soviet Union's sprawled across Czechoslovakia.

Egan
Platinum

Post by Egan »

WA decides to turn into a police state with a control order on the media, as state of origin heats up.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0 ... 48,00.html

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

Come to think of it, impossible to let Austria in without compromising the draft - 7 players eligible for drafting via the father son rule before any other team gets a look in.

Simmo79
Platinum

Post by Simmo79 »

yob wrote:Come to think of it, impossible to let Austria in without compromising the draft - 7 players eligible for drafting via the grandfather/father son rule before any other team gets a look in.
just one change

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

yob wrote:Come to think of it, impossible to let Austria in without compromising the draft - 7 players eligible for drafting via the father son rule before any other team gets a look in.
Suddenly Hitler is Austria second worse asshole. Although the Americans proberly think it counts for here though. :lol: so we'll count him as a South Austrian IE Tasmanian.

yob
Platinum

Post by yob »

The victorian squad has been a little flat of late, but it looks like they've dug deep and found a real livewire who could give them the spark they need.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 96484.html

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

Though history shows a poor performance out in the field, the French take their training very seriously.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/troops ... 80713.html
Someone from the AFP wrote:Troops use live ammo instead of blanks

Seventeen people, including a child left in a critical condition, were injured when soldiers fired live bullets instead of blanks during an open day display in Carcassone, France, regional officials said.

Fifteen civilians and two soldiers were injured in the incident, of which the details remained unclear, involving a demonstration by members of a marines parachute regiment of hostage liberation exercises, the regional authority said.

Four of the 17 were seriously injured, with two described as critical following "incomprehensible" scenes at the barracks near Carcassone, in the country's south-west.

According to local authorities, five children were among the injured.

Five helicopters, 11 firefighters' first-aid vehicles and two ambulances rushed to the scene to help the injured.

One soldier had been detained, although no explanation was immediately forthcoming for why the wrong ammunition was loaded into weapons.

"All hypotheses are being considered," said a national police spokesman tonight, adding that the weapons had been "seized and placed under lock and key".

Hospitals in the southern cities and towns of Toulouse, Narbonne, Montpellier and Perpignan, as well as Carcassone, were treating the wounded.

Colonel Benoit Royal, head of the army's information unit, said a number among the injured were from military families.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy urgently awaited the results of a top-level military probe into the incident, according to a presidential statement.

Sarkozy said he "shares with the families the pain caused by this drama. My first thoughts are with the victims. Everything will be put in place to care for them".

Lemaire added that investigators believed the deadly ammunition was loaded by mistake.

"The question being asked is 'Did the soldier engage in a criminal act or not?'," Lemaire said. "For now, no one can answer that, but the theory being worked on is one of error."

France's Defence Minister Herve Morin went "immediately" to Carcassone tonight, he said in a statement.

the crow
Gold

Post by the crow »

Feckin lazy french couldnt be bothered checking......

Jeffles
Platinum

Post by Jeffles »

hot_dogma
Platinum

Post by hot_dogma »

Needs more maggots to be like Kentucky.