Olympic Park Oval sits on the site of the old Olympic Park Stadium in the heart of Melbourne's sporting precinct. The former 18,000-capacity Athletics venue, originally built as a warm-up track for the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games, was demolished in 2012. The new oval has been built as a training base for the Collingwood Football Club which also hosts VFL and AFLW matches. It was completed in early 2013 and features match-standard lighting, a grass embankment with some concrete terracing on the outer wing - estimated capacity is 5,000. A two-lane running track surrounds the playing arena. A new pavilion at the ground known as the Glasshouse was completed in early 2016 which joins onto the adjacent Holden Centre and features a social club, function room, theatre, gym and match day facilities for staff and players.